So it's the season for ghouls and ghosts, tricks and treats, but what that means unfortunately is that the holidays are just around the corner. Holidays tend to be the most stressful times for us even if they're supposed to be when we relax with the people we care about the most. In fact, the stress and expectations for holidays are so high that they're usually a large cause of stress within relationships.
Since the big holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas have the big emphasis on family, romance needs to be put aside for these holidays. There's a lot of planning and some people have had their Christmas shopping done for months already. Most of us though are still procrastinating and while I can't say I blame anyone who does, it's just going to ramp up the holiday stress.
So if you're having an affair, it's best to put it on hold during the holiday season even if that's when you're going to need it the most. Unless you're one of those genius people who is organized beyond belief, you're going to find that there's just not enough hours in the day to maintain their affairs. That doesn't mean that you can't keep in contact, some messaging during the day and conversing with people who aren't directly connected to your holidays can have miraculous therapeutic qualities.
But if you don't want to put your affair on hold, here are some tips to keep your holidays merry.
1) Don't bring your affair partner shopping with you. It's just awkward all the way around and is a reminder of the parts of your life that you don't share. Remember that you want to keep your affairs separate from your home life which includes shopping for presents.
2) Don't buy your affair partners gifts. Unless you've been with the same affair partner for a year or more, then don't go out of your way to buy them gifts. It might seem like a good idea, but it's awkward and you're better to spend that money on a nice experience that the two of you can share. Whether it's going to a new restaurant the two of you have wanted to try or taking in a show, it will mean more than a present that you got on the fly.
3) Do make sure that you’ve got your shopping planned out. It can be easy to get caught up in an affair and forget the things that you’re supposed to do. Remember that Saturday you spent fooling around instead of shopping? You’re going to regret it when the holidays come around.
4) Do use your affairs to your advantage. When you were a child your parents would tell you that you could play once you were done your homework, well the same principle applies here. Fool around all you want once you’re sure that everything is done that needs to be done for the holidays. The last thing you want to do is put any more strain on your marriage during what many consider to be the most important time of the year. Use your affairs or contacting your affair partner as a reward for finishing up your shopping.
5) Do turn off your phone during the holidays. This just doesn’t cover affairs, but all kinds of things such as work as well. Keep your phone off, don’t check your email. This is your time with your family and you can go a day without contacting your affair partner. We’re sure that they’ll understand that you can’t give them your attention on holidays like Thanksgiving or Christmas and if they can’t then that may be too high-maintenance for a casual affair.